KU Edwards Campus Zero Credit Courses
Working professionals and other nontraditional learners in Kansas City will soon have new opportunities to access KU education. Starting in Spring 2017, KU Edwards Campus is making a select number of courses open to the public for noncredit (zero credit) registration.
This option will allow noncredit learners to participate in classes without applying for admission to the University. The simplified registration process is being provided by KU Professional and Continuing Education.
This new enrollment format will:
- Improve access to select courses for working professionals who want to enhance their subject matter expertise.
- Provide continuing education contact hours needed for working professionals in fields such as engineering and psychology.
- Increase exposure to the high-quality faculty, courses, and programs available at the Edwards Campus.
- Promote the variety of academic programs offered at the Edwards Campus.
- Add new perspectives to fill classes with engaged learners.
- Limit seating to maintain priority for credit enrollments.
Learners will be able to choose from an initial list of courses in engineering management, project management, and information technology. Participants in Zero Credit courses will be advised and required to sign acknowledgements that their registration in a zero credit course can not be converted to credit at any time.