How to register online
ADD THE CLASS YOU PLAN TO ATTEND TO THE CART:
- Select a course in the online shopping cart.
- Access the online shopping cart by clicking on the red button above.
- Click on the course title to learn more about that course.
- Click on the available session you wish to attend.
- To register for the session, click the red ADD TO CART button at the bottom of the page.
CREATE AN ACCOUNT OR SIGN IN
- If you have not yet created an account, click the blue Add Attendee button, and create your profile.
- Please note that any field marked with an asterisk (*) is a required field.
- When you have finished entering your information, click the red SUBMIT button.
- You will automatically be added to the session.
- If you have previously created an account, click the blue Sign In button.
- Once you have signed in, you will see a box "Add Attendees to Session". Click the black down arrow, and add yourself to the session.
DO YOU HAVE A DISCOUNT CODE?
- If you have a discount code (for example, the U.S. Federal government employee discount code), enter that code in the PROMO CODE box.
- Please note that only select courses are eligible for this discount.
- You must validate your eligibility to receive this discount by entering your U.S. government email address (ending in .gov or .mil) in your online profile.
CHECKOUT AND PAY
- Click the red Checkout button.
- Under Billing Information, answer "How did you hear about us?" by choosing an option from the drop down menu. Click the red NEXT button.
- Under Summary Review, please review your order, including the class name, dates, location and price. If everything appears to be correct, click the red SUBMIT ORDER button.
- Enter your credit card information, and click the green Continue button.
- If your payment is accepted, you will receive an emailed receipt, acknowledging your payment.
- You will also receive a Registration Confirmation email, with additional details about the session for which you have registered.
- Please note that Registration Confirmations are run at specific times during the day, so you may not receive this confirmation immediately. If you do not receive a Registration Confirmation within 24 hours of registering, please contact the Registration Center.
How to register by mail
- Select a course.
- Download the registration form (PDF).
- Complete the form and send with a check or money order to:
- Mail: KU Professional & Continuing Education
1515 Saint Andrews Drive
Lawrence, KS 66047-1619
How to register by phone
If you would like to register by phone, please contact our KU Registration Center at 785-864-5823 or 877-404-5823 toll-free in the U.S.
Course enrollment is limited and will be accepted in order of receipt. Pre-registration is required for your protection; otherwise the course could be canceled due to insufficient enrollment. Upon registration, a confirmation letter will be emailed to each enrollee. If you prefer to receive communication via mail or fax, please let us know when you register. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact us.
All fees are payable in U.S. dollars and due upon registration.
Payment by Credit Card
Online registrations must be paid by credit or debit card. KU accepts MasterCard, VISA, Discover and American Express. When you register online you will be prompted for your credit card information. For security reasons, KU cannot accept credit card information via email or regular mail.
Payment by Check (personal or company check) or Money Order
Please mail your registration form and a check or money order in U.S. dollars to the address listed above. Make your check payable to “University of Kansas”. Please reference "KUPCE" on your check. A $30 fee will be charged for returned checks.
Payment by Purchase Order or Wire Transfer
The University of Kansas requires payment upon registration. If your organization requires use of a purchase order before payment is issued or must pay by wire transfer, please contact the Registration Center at email@example.com. Please note that to receive the Early Registration Discount, full payment is required before the early registration deadline as listed on each course page. After the deadline, your registration will be automatically canceled and you can enroll again at the regular course fee. Please note that the customer is responsible for payment of any wire transfer fees.
If you are unable to attend a course, you have the following options:
Send a qualified substitute. Please contact the Registration Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them you will not be attending and provide your substitute's name. Ask your substitute to also contact the Registration Center to provide his/her complete registration information.
Transfer to another course or request a refund.
- For public short courses: Contact the Registration Center at email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the course start date to receive a full refund. Cancelations made after the two-week deadline, but before the course start date, are eligible to receive a refund less a $250 administrative fee or transfer to another course. If transferring, you have one year from the original course date to complete a short course of equal value.
- For Live (synchronous) online courses: No refunds or transfers will be granted for the class once the published start date has passed and/or the student has accessed the Blackboard class site. A full refund of registration fees, less a $30 administrative fee, will be approved if requested in writing prior to the published start date and/or accessing the course. The cost of any text or course materials that have already shipped will also be withheld from your refund.
- Please note that if you fail to cancel and do not participate, you are still responsible for payment.
For More Information
If you have any questions or need assistance please email the Registration Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-864-5823 or toll-free within the U.S. 877-404-5823.