26th Annual KDOT Transportation Safety Conference
THE EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Learn the latest developments in all facets of transportation safety from experts in the field.
Who should attend?
This conference provides valuable information for law enforcement personnel, court professionals, state and local government officials, engineers, safety advocates, EMT and EMS workers, teen drivers, educators and counselors, special interest group representatives and more.
What to Expect
Keynote and breakout sessions cover injury control, law enforcement, youth issues*, roadway safety, autonomous vehicles, officer safety, pedestrian and bicycle safety, and more. Participants can receive up to 9.5 contact hours of instruction. Several networking breaks allow attendees to meet and talk with speakers, colleagues and vendors in the exhibit hall each day.
Confirmed session topics for 2020 include:
- Mike Lutzenkirchen, Lutzie 43 Foundation
- StarChase Pursuit Management Technology
- Unmanned aircraft systems
- Innovative intersections & intercahnges
- Safety improvements design-build in Missouri
- Roadway design and education for road sharing
- How to reach hard-to-reach audiences
- Messages that Will Resonate: Behavior Marketing Workshop
Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, April 20, 2020
This conference also provides pre-conference workshops the day before the conference. They are typically either three or six hours in length and cover timely and relevant traffic safety topics primarily focused on law enforcement, emergency management and incident management. Conference attendees can easily add one or both workshops to their conference registration. In addition, workshop registration is available to anyone, not just those attending the conference.
Confirmed 3.5 hour session topics for 2020:
- Morning session – Managing Police Traffic Services with presenter Garry Parker
- Afternoon session – Drugged Driving: Effective Prosecution and Overcoming Defenses with presenter Jeff Sifers
TRANSPORTATION SAFETY YOUTH CONFERENCE
Youth participation at the last few Transportation Safety Conferences has been so impressive the Kansas Traffic Safety Resource Office established a Kansas Teen Transportation Safety Conference in 2018. For more information on this event, please contact KTSRO at 800-416-2522.
We look forward to seeing you in Topeka in 2020!
Sponsored by University of Kansas Professional & Continuing Education and a federal grant through the Kansas Department of Transportation.