1. Question: Who are Zero Credit courses for?
Answer: Zero Credit courses are a great learning option if you want to take a KU course but don't need academic credit.
Consider the Zero Credit option if you...
- Already have an advanced degree and want to continue learning new things in a dedicated academic environment.
- Need professional development credits for your field.
- Need the training provided by a specific course, but other courses don't apply to your learning needs.
- Enjoy the networking opportunities provided by a classroom filled with like-minded working professionals and well-connected instructors.
- Want to learn about a specific course topic that interests you.
2. Question: Do I have to apply to the university to take a Zero Credit course?
Answer: No, all you need to do is find an open course that interests you and register for it. It's that easy!
3. Question: Are there any prerequisites, such as a bachelor’s degree, that I need in order to take a Zero Credit course?
Answer: Possibly. Specific registration requirements or prerequisites, if any, are listed in each course's description on this website.
4. Question: What do I have to do in terms of homework, participation and examinations?
Answer: Instructors specify the participation requirements for their classes, which are available for your reference before you register.
5. Question: Do I need to have transcripts submitted to take a Zero Credit course?
Answer: No, but you may be asked to provide specific information to meet instructor requirements for course participation.
6. Question: If I take a Zero Credit course now, but then later I decide that I want to enroll in a degree or certificate program, will my Zero Credit course convert to academic credit?
Answer: No, these course cannot be converted to credit. Please contact the academic department you are interested in to find the best path for pursuing your degree.
7. Question: What is the registration fee for Zero Credit courses?
Answer: Click the course titles under "Areas of Study" to view the registration fee for each course.