Warehouse and Distribution Center Layout Seminar
University of Kansas Edwards Campus
12610 Quivira Road
Overland Park, KS 66213
Sponsored by the University of Kansas Professional & Continuing Education and Engineering Management Programs
The Warehouse and Distribution Center Layout Seminar will return to KU in Spring 2017. Bookmark this page and return for updated information.
Reduce Costs Without Reducing Service
A recent survey of warehouse and distribution center decision makers shows that their top priority is reducing operating costs. Their top initiatives for accomplishing this are improving warehouse processes (67 percent) and improving inventory control (61 percent). A well-planned warehouse layout contributes to both of these goals. If you are taking similar steps to stay cost competitive, this seminar will help.
All of the techniques presented are field-proven and derived from successful implementation. Case exercises are adapted from real situations and projects.
Profit 5 Ways!
- Reduce handling costs
- Optimize storage efficiency
- Improve warehouse performance
- Plan for growth & expansion
- Build in flexibility
Who Should Attend
- Industrial engineers and systems analysts
- Warehouse supervisors and team leaders
- Managers of warehouses and distribution centers
- Logistics and supply chain planners
- Planning teams for new or expanded facilities
- Leaders of supply chain and lean initiatives
- Improve the performance of warehouses and distribution facilities.
- Increase the productivity and effectiveness of those responsible for layout planning.
- Provide practical approaches to storage, order-picking, packing, material movement, and physical control.
- Streamline material flow in warehouses and distribution centers.
Training Your Group
Send a Group and Save Big!
Send a team! This environment encourages discussion, sharing, and planning. The course fee of $1,695 per person includes instruction, refreshments, lunches, and all class materials. For multiple registrations from the same organization at one time, we offer a 10% discount for 3–4 participants ($1,525 each), 15% for 5–9 ($1,440 each), and 20% for 10 or more ($1,350 each).
"It was incredible how much we covered and accomplished in three days. Lee’s experience led us to solve what were, in the past, tough layout problems." — Heráclito I. Ribas, Makro South America, São Paulo, Brazil
"Great presentation. Well rounded for most businesses to be able to adapt information to their application." — Linda Marten, Presto Absorbent Products Inc.