63rd Annual Structural Engineering Conference
Thursday • March 1, 2018
University of Kansas Memorial Union, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd, Lawrence, KS
Explore current projects and discuss the latest topics in structural engineering with colleagues. Participants will earn 6.5 contact hours (PDHs) of instruction.
Who should attend:
- Personnel who work on design of structures, bridges and tunnels.
- County and municipal engineers.
- Consulting engineers.
- Materials suppliers and steel manufacturers.
- State, county, township and municipal officials.
2018 Conference Presentations and Topics:
- The Bayonne Bridge: Raising the Roadway—Joseph LoBuono, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- AISC Higgins Award Lecture: Effective Bracing of Flexural Members and Systems in Steel Buildings and Bridges—Todd Helwig, University of Texas
- High-Strength Steel in Structural Concrete: From Research to Building Codes—Andrés Lepage and Rémy Lequesne, University of Kansas
- Assessing Structural Performance of Stadiums and Arenas—Gary Storm, Thornton Tomasetti
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture: A Structural Perspective—Benjamin Rosenberg, Silman
- Design of Crane Girders for Industrial Buildings—Jules Van de Pas, CSD Structural Engineers
- Church of the Resurrection: Transcendent Design—Sarah Jorczak, HGA Architects and Engineers
- Developments and Applications of a Corrosion Resistant Stainless Bridge Steel: A709 Grade 50CR (A1010)—Matthew H. Hebdon, Virginia Tech
- The First Major Cable-Stayed Bridge in New York City—Hans Hutton, HNTB
- Dallas Horseshoe Project Overview—Yingqin "Elaine" Jin, WSP USA
- Accelerated Bridge Construction in the Railroad—Alan Bloomquist, BNSF Railway