62nd Annual Structural Engineering Conference
Thursday • March 2, 2017
University of Kansas Memorial Union, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd, Lawrence, KS
Explore current projects and discuss hot new topics with your structural engineering colleagues. Participants will earn 6.5 contact hours (PDHs) of instruction.
- Higgins Award Lecture: Get Fired Up: What Structural Engineers Should Know About Fire Design—Maria Garlock, Princeton University
- Structures in Spaaaaace—Curt Larsen, NASA
- EERI Distinguished Lectureship: From Performance-Based Engineering to Earthquake Resilience—Greg Dierlein, Stanford University
- High-Rise Timber Buildings—Shiling Pei, Colorado School of Mines
- Tall Concrete Wind Turbine Towers—Markus Wernli, BergerABAM
- Cold-Formed Steel Structures—Roger LaBoube, Missouri S&T
- Anchorage of High-Strength Reinforcement with Standard Hooks and Heads—David Darwin, KU
- Gateway I-435 Flyover Bridges—Chad Hall, HDR, and Bryan Wilkerson, Clarkson Construction
- Construction of the John Greenleaf Whittier Memorial Replacement Bridge—Lisa Briggs, Genesis Structures, Inc.
- Repair of a Post-Tensioned Bridge in Wichita’s CBD—Mark Hurt, KDOT, Abdul Hamada and Nichole Witushynsky, Parsons Brinkerhoff
- Monitoring Structural Response Under Scour—Walt Bleser, SENSR Monitoring Technologies
Who should attend:
- Personnel who work on design of structures, bridges and tunnels.
- County and municipal engineers.
- Consulting engineers.
- Materials suppliers and steel manufacturers.
- State, county, township and municipal officials.