63rd Annual Structural Engineering Conference
Thursday • March 1, 2018
University of Kansas Memorial Union, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd, Lawrence, KS
Explore current projects and discuss the latest topics in structural engineering with colleagues. Participants will earn 6.5 contact hours (PDHs) of instruction.
Who should attend:
- Personnel who work on design of structures, bridges and tunnels.
- County and municipal engineers.
- Consulting engineers.
- Materials suppliers and steel manufacturers.
- State, county, township and municipal officials.
2018 Conference Presentations and Topics:
- Higgins Award Lecture: Effective Bracing of Flexural Members and Systems in Steel Buildings and Bridges—Todd Helwig, University of Texas
- Bayonne Bridge: Raising the Roadway—Joseph LoBuono, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Church of the Resurrection - Transcendent Design—Sarah Jorczak, HGA Architects and Engineers
- National Museum of African American History and Culture: A Structural Perspective—Benjamin Rosenberg, Silman
- Design of Crane Girders for Industrial Buildings—Jules Van de Pas, CSD Structural Engineers
- The First Major Cable-Stayed Bridge in New York City—Hans Hutton, HNTB
- Assessing Structural Performance of Stadiums and Arenas—Gary Storm, Thornton Tomasetti
- Dallas Horseshoe Project Overview—Yingqin "Elaine" Jin, WSP USA
- Accelerated Bridge Construction in the Railroad—Alan Bloomquist, BNSF Railway