You are Invited to Attend SPPAC 2017
We invite you to attend the 2017 Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference (SPPAC) in Portland, Oregon, from March 30–April 1. The meeting will convene at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront. The conference location is perfectly situated in downtown Portland and is convenient to area restaurants and Waterfront Park while providing scenic views of Mt. Hood and the Willamette River. The conference hotel is located just 20 minutes from Portland International Airport. This is an ideal location for the Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference! We invite you and your colleagues to attend the annual conference and share your exciting research and clinical collaborations. Please check the website regularly for updates and information.
The 2017 meeting will feature the theme Collaborative Research and Practice in Pediatric Psychology. The conference will feature invited speakers, symposia, and skill-building workshops focused on collaborations with other professionals, families, and community stakeholders. Programming will include presentations on collaborating with our colleagues across many health-related specialties including technology, neural and biological sciences, and other health care disciplines. Innovative collaborations between psychologists and community participatory collaborations will also be highlighted.
The Mission of the Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference
The SPPAC aims to advance SPP's mission to promote the health and psychological well being of children, youth and their families through science and an evidence-based approach to practice, education, training, advocacy and consultation by:
- Advancing the science of pediatric psychology and related fields through dissemination of cutting-edge research; promotion of research that is culturally, ethically and developmentally sensitive and includes diverse populations; and education on evidence-based assessment, intervention, and emerging areas of research, clinical care and policy.
- Providing a forum for individuals at all levels, from students to established investigators and clinicians, to facilitate consultation, collaboration and mentorship.
- Promoting the role and value of pediatric psychology in a changing healthcare environment nationally and internationally.
SPPAC Conference Objectives
- To provide up-to-date information on evidence-based practice in pediatric psychology services for children and families.
- To provide a forum for presentation and discussion of current research in pediatric psychology, and how such research informs clinical practice, service delivery, and policy decisions.
- To provide opportunities for productive interaction between and among researchers, practitioners, and trainees.
We look forward to seeing you in Portland!
Chad Jensen, Ph.D.
2017 Conference Chair
Erica Sood, Ph.D.
2017 Conference Co-Chair