KU Professional & Continuing Education (PCE) at KU Edwards Campus proudly extends the University’s educational training resources to federal agencies and their employees.
PCE applies the educational values that make KU a world-class center of learning to our catalog of training courses, programs and symposia for working professionals. We also partner directly with businesses, industry representatives and government agencies to assess workforce needs and develop training programs for their employees. As part of the Federal Executive Board partnership with the University of Kansas, a 10 percent discount is offered to federal employees for many of our most popular courses and programs.
See the list below for the selected programs offering the federal partnership discount:
Industrial Control and Automation
- Alarm Management for Industrial Facilities (self-paced)
- Batch Process Control Management Certificate Program (self-paced)
- Cybersecurity for Industrial Automation and Control Systems Certificate (self-paced)
- Managing Industrial Controls (self-paced)
- Process Control and Advanced Control Strategies Certificate
- Process Engineering for Control Practitioners
- Process Instrumentation and Control Certificate
Reliability and Maintenance Management
The following list of short courses has been made available to federal employees at discounted rates:
- FAA Certification Procedures & Airworthiness Requirements as Applied to Military Procurement of Commercial Derivative Aircraft/Systems
- Fundamental Avionics
- Aircraft Structural Loads: Requirements, Analysis, Testing and Certification
- Principles of Aeroelasticity
- Introduction to Helicopter Performance, Stability and Control
- Introduction to Performance-Based Navigation (PBN) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP)
- Commercial Aircraft Safety Assessment and 1309 Design Analysis
- Complex Electronic Hardware Development and DO-254
- Digital Flight Control Systems: Analysis and Design
- Aircraft Structures Design and Analysis
- Airplane Sizing (online course)
- RTCA DO-160 Qualification: Purpose, Testing and Design Considerations (online course)
Take a quick, expert-led path into the world of data with the Big Data for Managers and Decision Makers workshop, presented by the University of Kansas in Kansas City. This three-part training event is for managers and managerial teams who want to know more about how to successfully use data to improve business decisions.
See the upcoming professional development opportunities offering the federal discount on this events calendar.
Visit the KU Greater Kansas City Federal Executive Board Partnership homepage to learn more and view a full listing of University-wide programming available under the partnership, including courses and programs from KU Edwards Campus and the KU Public Management Center.