KU Big Data Workshop
Make better business decisions by improving how you collect, analyze and manage your data
Feb. 2, 9 & 16, 2018
KU Edwards Campus
12600 Quivira Rd.
Overland Park, KS
Learn the basics of Big Data to make smarter decisions, eliminate deficiencies, earn and retain more customers, and hire and lead data professionals ... even when you aren't one.
KU Professional & Continuing Education offers this three-part workshop several times a year, continually refreshing the content according to Kansas City workforce needs.
Explore these topics during February's three-day Big Data Workshop
Presenter: Raj Nair
- Internal Value Chain: understanding the data you might already have.
- Data Primer + Vision: opportunities of a more complete cross-organizational data set.
- More "Open" Data: a tool to drive internal innovation.
- Breaking down silos and bringing together entities.
Big Data Technological Landscape
- Understanding key technical concepts of Big Data and what makes it different.
- Big Data jargon and terminology.
- Current trends in commercialization of Big Data.
- Ecosystem Essentials: deciphering technologies and vendors, value of distributed computing paradigms, technology stacks, and selecting the right technology.
- Transactional versus analytical systems and their trade-offs.
Presenter: Piero Ferrante
The Intersection of Data Science and Big Data
- The data science lifecycle.
- Vertical case studies in business outcomes.
- Hypothesis testing and iterative exploration with Big Data.
- Signal detection with unstructured data sets.
- Monetizing data: zero to insights.
Constraints and Limitations of Big Data
- Pitfalls of analytics and Big Data.
- Challenges and Barriers: technical and adaptive.
Big Data Resources and HR
- Building an internal team for data needs.
- How to Hire: skill sets based on level and needs.
- Who are regional leaders in Big Data and what's missing?
- How to make data science teams successful.
New Directions and Opportunities for Innovation
- New business opportunities.
- Leveraging Big Data.
- Leadership development.
- Innovation Lab: how to take a problem, solve it, and push that solution up within the organization.
Interested in a sponsorship for this event? Please contact Justine Hamilton for more information.
If your company would like to send several employees to this workshop, please contact Justine Hamilton to discuss a group discount option.
Have questions about the workshop? Are you interested in having all or portions of the training presented at your office? Please contact Justine Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 913-897-8718.
Are you interested in learning more about our future Big Data programs, workshops and offerings? Are you an industry expert with an interest in sharing your expertise or serving on our advisory board? Click here and let us know!