June 4-8, 2018
Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown
1450 Glenarm Place
Denver, Colorado 80202
You are responsible for making your own lodging and transportation arrangements. These costs are not included in the course fee.
A limited number of rooms has been reserved at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown for course attendees. The standard single/double room rate is $164, plus applicable taxes. These rooms will be held as a block, unless depleted, until May 10, 2018, at which time they will be released to the public. After this date, room rate and availability cannot be guaranteed. Denver is a busy convention town and the hotel may sell out, so book your room early.
To ensure that you get all the benefits available to our group, including discounted self-parking and free in-room internet, please make sure you or your travel agent book your hotel room in the University of Kansas room block.
IMPORTANT: To receive the KU Aerospace Short Course room block rate, along with the associated benefits, you must make your reservation directly with this hotel, not the central Crown Plaza reservation center or a booking agency.
Make your reservation:
- Online: Crowne Plaza Denver Hotel Reservation Link
- Please call 720-269-3257 and
- State that you are with the KU Aerospace Short Courses group.
From the Airport
The Denver International Airport (DEN) is 26 miles (41 km) from the Crowne Plaza Denver. Taxi cab fare is approximately $55 each way. SuperShuttle provides ground transportation for approximately $19 each way. Provide group code UPBP7 to receive the discounted rate. To reserve the SuperShuttle, call 1-800-258-3826 (toll free in the U.S.) or visit www.supershuttle.com.
The light rail from the airport to Downtown Union Station is $9. For details, visit the RTD website. From Union Station, take the MallRide bus at 16th Street Mall & Wynkoop Street to 16th Street Mall and Glenarm Place. Then walk to 1450 Glenarm Place.
The Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown hotel will offer a discounted parking rate of $5 per day for self-parking hotel guests in the KU room block.
Additional travel notes
- The educational materials included with our course may include one or more course notebooks and textbook(s). Please note that these course materials will add additional weight to your luggage for the return trip home, and plan accordingly when packing.
- Meeting rooms can be too hot or too cold, so a light jacket or sweater is advisable.
- Don't forget to bring your business cards. The KU Aerospace Short Course event is an excellent place to network with industry peers.
Attendees may check-in on Sunday, June 3, 2018 from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. and from 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. on the first day of class. Please ask the hotel for check-in location.
Lunch and refreshments on class days
The following is included in your course fee and provided each day:
- Morning refreshments: coffee, tea, fruit juice, fruit and fresh pastries before class
- Lunch: a buffet style lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Afternoon beverage break: coffee, tea, soft drinks
Program Accessibility and Special Needs
We accommodate people with disabilities and will do our best to address dietary restrictions (depends on the venue). Please email us at ProfessionalPrograms@ku.edu and let us know your needs. Please contact us at least four weeks prior to the class date to request a special accommodation.
Are you planning to attend one of the courses in the United States, but are not a U.S. citizen?
The U.S. Department of State provides information on how to obtain a visitor Visa for travel to the United States.
If you are coming from a country that participates in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), you must apply for authorization and pay a fee.