Instructions for Continued Airworthiness Using Enhanced Zonal Analysis Procedure (EZAP)
Instructor: C. Bruce StephensPrintable Course Information (PDF)
September 13-15, 2017, San Diego, California
Early registration course fee: $1,895 if you register and pay by July 28, 2017
Regular registration course fee: $1,995 if you register and pay after July 28, 2017
You can also bring this course to your workplace. Learn more about our on-site program.
This course will discuss the Enhanced Airworthiness Program for Airplane Systems/Fuel Tank Safety (EAPAS/FTS) rule. This rule requires design approval holders (DAH) and applicants to develop instructions for continued airworthiness (ICA) consisting of maintenance and inspection tasks, intervals, and procedures for the representative airplane’s electrical wiring interconnection systems (EWIS) for each affected type design.
Includes instruction, course materials, refreshments and lunches. The course notes are for participants only and are not for sale.
- EZAP best practices
- Team EZAP workshops
- DER/UM EZAP requirements
- EZAP examples and practical applications
- Review of Advisory Circulars
Who Should Attend?
Times / CEUs
- An understanding of the guidance material used for developing the maintenance and inspection instructions for EWIS using an enhanced zonal analysis procedure (EZAP)
- An understanding of how the information developed using EZAP can be used by operators to improve EWIS maintenance practices
- An overview of Certification of Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems on Transport Category Airplanes
- Use of the EZAP Flowchart to determine EWIS change requirements
- Requirements to develop EWIS ICA
- Design requirements related to EZAP
- How EZAP impacts Engineering Requirements
- Class Introduction
- Introduction to EWIS
- Establishing the Certification Basis of Changed Aeronautical Products
- Change Product Examples
- EZAP Workshop
- Aircraft EWIS/EZAP Best Practices Job Aid—Background and Examples
- Instructions for Continued Airworthiness Using and Enhanced Zonal Analysis Procedure
- EZAP Examples and Practical Applications
- DER/UM EZAP Requirements
- EZAP Workshop